21 October 2008

Our Wedding: Part 3

The little details...

If I haven't mentioned it up to this point, we were pretty broke when we got married. The wedding had to happen for under $10,000 (not including my dress which my parents generously bought for me.) This meant a lot of DIY. We printed our invitations at home using ivory deckled edged paper folded into a booklet. Everything was printed in grey ink on an inkjet printer, and the line "give me a kiss to build a dream on" was a theme that ran throughout everything. Is there a difference between the feel of letterpress printing and inkjet printing? Yes. Did it matter all that much to me? Nope. I loved our invites and still do.



I was lucky enough to stumble upon Debi at The Blooming Quill a few weeks before the wedding, and she designed our menu cards for us. We just had a few of them scattered on each table as our dinner was a buffet of Jamaican food.

Our cake was really basic and really, really good. It was rum flavored and made locally. We decorated it with flowers that matched the coloring in my dress the afternoon of the wedding. It looks a little lopsided in the photo, but I don't remember it being that way in real life. Who knows...

A couple detail photos of what I wore.




The guys...




The girls...

The band...

next up... everything that went wrong

No comments: