19 November 2008

A photographer after my own heart

I stalk photography. The walls of our home are covered in the work of photographers from around the world whom we've been lucky enough to meet while traveling, most of whom shoot their daily life. I've tried to translate this fixation into my job by spending countless hours looking at wedding photographer blogs and websites. Sometimes this pays off with finding images from the wedding of a couple we once worked with, or seeing a new color combination I'd never thought of used in a cool way. It's only once in a blue moon that I get that feeling in my gut that I just stumbled upon something truly remarkable. Meet Eric Laurits...

I recommend setting aside some time, grabbing whatever your favorite drink is and turning the volume up on your computer. Then head on over to both his website and blog. Flip through every gallery, and read every entry ... even the ones that have nothing at all to do with weddings. What I found were images that were emotional, honest and timeless. I also love that his company donates 20% of the profits of each shoot to a charity of your choice. There's no better way to start off a new life together than by giving.

Here are some of my favorite shots...











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These photos are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! Stalking photography - that is a great way to describe it.

I love the two girls running in the field - it reminds me of the painting Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose.