I'll be updating the blog step by step, but my basic idea for the event is a combination of:
- 20-30 of our nearest and dearest + our big backyard
- The vibe: I'm aiming for that really amazing outdoor dinner party scene from the movie "Chocolat"(minus anyone dying and the big fire)
- An absinthe bar among other fun libations
- A lounge set up in our barn (yes, I'm hanging chandeliers in there!)
- Dinner on the lawn with a raging firepit nearby
- Chilled out Cafe Del Mar type of music
- Lanterns hanging everywhere and maybe some fireworks to oooh and awww at (we live in New Hampshire. Fireworks are really normal here.)
- Really incredible fresh food with recipes taken from the places we've traveled.
In case you were wondering, we will remain open when I'm on lock down. Dade will be shipping orders regularly. The only orders that won't be moving out the door during that time are the flat printed orders since I usually print those myself. That said, we've built extra print slots into the schedule of other weeks this month and everything should still be shipping right on time.