28 September 2008

Back on my feet

O.K.... I'm bored. Really, really, really bored. Insert deep sigh.... I am soooooooo ready to go home, hang out with my pups, watch the leaves change color and get back to work!! I've luckily been recovering fast. Within the first day after surgery I was able to get up and take a short walk. Now I'm up to a few walks on the beach every day (and a few walks into local stores to buy clothing I don't really need because .... I'm bored.) By the way, there is a great sale going on at the Anthropologie in Hyde Park, Tampa right now.

We will be meeting with my surgeon and doctor this Wednesday morning to figure out what's next for follow up treatment, and we are catching the first flight home afterwards. Assuming there are no surprises we'll be reopening our office on Thursday. I can't wait!!! While the beach has been lovely, I am ready for some cool weather and getting back into a daily routine. Thanks again for all the support. I should be posting lots of fun new wedding ideas very, very soon...

3 comments:

Paula said...

Glad to hear you're recovering quickly and feeling better.

Janice, Editor-in-Chief said...

hang in there! glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rebecca! Post-op is never fun as the impact of the time under anaesthetic deplete your reserves of energy. That together with the sheer energy needed to heal makes you suddenly incapable of your former level of activity. Take your time. And try to relax into this new state of being, knowing that while it is boring, it won't last forever.

Take care,

Noreen