16 June 2009

Knocking Off Early...

That's right, I'm out of here! Tonight I am taking my husband out for a very sentimental date. We're going to see Fleetwood Mac (7th row center baby!) Here comes the moment you find out I'm a little nuts. I'm a bit of a Stevie Nicks fanatic. I grew up listening to her music and fell in love with the way she writes songs. I sported leg warmers and boots as an 8 year old. I think she's the one celebrity who I'd start hysterically shaking like a 13 year old and pass out if I ever met her.

Now here is yet another reason I knew Dade was the guy for me. 8 years ago, he popped the question in the pouring rain at a Stevie Nicks concert. I realize that for some people this might seem a little odd. It wasn't on a gondola ride in Venice, or over a 12 course dinner at The French Laundry ... but it was exactly what I wanted. It was proof positive that he really got me. It was that or holding a boom box over his head blaring Peter Gabriel ala Loyd Dobler which really would have been a close second. So tonight we get to go see Stevie again with a few close friends, and I am declaring work done for the day! However, seeing as printing wedding invites as posters seems to be the new trend, I leave you with some inspiration...




No comments: