08 January 2008

Meet Pierre

Recently I've been getting a lot of requests for items in "peacock blue." It's a color I love, and one I get to see on a daily basis. Meet Pierre...




About 6 months ago I was sitting in my office when I looked out the window in front of my desk and saw this guy hanging out looking back at me. He had been in some sort of accident (probably hit by a car) and one of his wings wasn't working so well. We decided to start taking care of him. He now hangs out all day long sunning himself in the grass and eating. He's compeletely free to come and go as he pleases, but he's usually relaxing under our mango tree. His best friend is a little black kitten who (I swear it's true) actually snuggles with him. The two are inseperable. I always thought cat + bird = disaster, but apparently I was wrong. From time to time we have his entire peacock family show up for a day, and most recently we've been visited by little peacock babies! I suppose it's all a little unusual, but my husband and I decided that when a peacock shows up in your yard, it's got to be a good thing right?

With that said, I put together a board using some of my favorite peacock related images saved in my "favorites" for those of you using this beautiful color for your event.

flower girls: www.brides.com , swatch: www.verabradley.com ,
bouquet:
www.thegreenvase.com , table setting: www.brides.com
mirror:
www.southernaccents.com , ring : www.sunshineexim.com
car:
www.clubs.hemmings.com , cake: www.maplesweddingcakes.com



No comments: